Early Voting Begins Monday, October 13th for November 4th 2014 General and Special Election
Residents encouraged to vote early; Saturday and Sunday voting available
Fulton County’s early voting period for the November 4, 2014 General Municipal Election will begin at seven sites on Monday, October 13, 2014. During the first week of early voting, seven sites will be open to include opportunities for Saturday and Sunday voting. During the final two weeks of early voting, 19 locations will be open, to include Saturday and Sunday voting.
Fulton County will provide 19 locations, 19 days, and 208 hours for residents to vote over the three week early voting period– the most of any Georgia county.
EARLY VOTING LOCATIONS AND TIMES
Monday, October 13 - Friday, October 31 – Weekdays 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturdays October 18 & 25 – 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Sundays October 19 & 26 – Noon - 5 p.m.
• Johns Creek Environmental Campus - 8100 Holcomb Bridge Road, Alpharetta, GA 30022
• Chastain Park Gymnasium - 140 West Wieuca Road, NW, Atlanta, GA 30342
• Ocee Library - 5090 Abbott Bridge Road, Johns Creek, GA 30005
• North Fulton Service Center - Room 232, 7741 Roswell Road, Sandy Springs, GA 30328
• South Fulton Service Center- 5600 Stonewall Tell Road, Room 108, College Park, GA 30349
• Adamsville Recreation Center - 3201 Martin Luther King Jr. Dr., SW., Atlanta, GA 30311
• Fulton County Government Center -130 Peachtree Street, SW, Suite 2186, Atlanta, GA 30303
EXPANDED EARLY VOTING LOCATIONS AND TIMES
Monday, October 20 – Friday, October 31 – Weekdays 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday, October 25 – 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday, October 26 – Noon - 5 p.m.
• College Park Historical Building - 3675 Auditorium Way, College Park, GA 30337
• Northeast/Spruill Oaks Library - 9560 Spruill Road, Johns Creek, GA 30022
• Roswell Library - 115 Norcross St, Roswell, GA 30075
• The Milton Center - 86 School Drive, Alpharetta, GA 30004
• Sandy Springs Library - 395 Mount Vernon Hwy NE, Sandy Springs, GA 30328
• Northside Library - 3295 Northside Parkway NW, Atlanta, GA 30327
• Washington Park Library - 1116 Martin Luther King, Jr., Dr., Atlanta, GA 30314
• Welcome All Recreation Center - 4255 Will Lee Road, College Park, Georgia 30349
• East Point Library - 2757 Main Street, East Point, GA 30344
• Fairburn Library - 60 Valley View Drive, Fairburn, GA 30213
• Southwest Arts Center - 915 New Hope Road, Atlanta, GA 30331
• Georgia Hills Neighborhood Facility - 250 Georgia Avenue, SE, Atlanta, GA 30312
For more information regarding Fulton County Registration and Elections, call 404-612-7020 or visit www.fultonelections.com
The qualifications to run for office include:
1. The mayor and the members of the city council shall serve for terms of four (4) years and until their respective successors are elected and qualified. Terms of office shall begin on the January second immediately following the date of election to office for all persons elected at regular elections. No person shall be eligible to serve unless that person shall have been a resident of the city for six (6) months prior to the date of election; shall have attained the age of twenty-one (21) years prior to the date of election; shall continue to reside in the city during that member's period of service; and shall be registered and qualified to vote in municipal elections of this city.
2. No council member elected and qualified for three (3) consecutive terms shall be eligible for the succeeding term.
3. No mayor elected and qualified for two (2) consecutive terms shall be eligible for the succeeding term.
For questions or for more information please contact Coty Thigpen, City Clerk, at 678-297-6003 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not yet registered to vote in City of Alpharetta, Fulton County or national elections, here's how you can register:
To register to vote you must:
Be a citizen of the United States
Be a legal resident of Georgia
Be at least 17 ½ years of age (at least 18 to vote)
Not be serving a sentence for a conviction of a felony involving moral turpitude
Have not been found mentally incompetent by a judge.
Your social security number is also required at time of registration.
A number of registration locations are usually available around town just prior to elections or you can contact the Fulton County Voter Registration office at (404) 730-7072 or Voter Registration office at the Georgia Secretary of State's office.
Alpharetta residents only may cast their Absentee Ballot at the Fulton County Voters Registration office located at 7741 Roswell Road, Atlanta, Georgia.
Absentee applications can be obtained at City Hall, 2 South Main Street and mailed to Fulton County voters registration office.
Please mail absentee ballot application to Fulton County Department of Voter Registration and Elections; 141 Pryor Street, SW; Suite 4064; Atlanta, GA 30303-3461.
For further information regarding Voting By Mail, please contact the Voter Registration Division by calling (404) 612-7060 or by fax at (404) 730-8839.
Advance Voting for Alpharetta residents only will be at held at Fulton County voters Registration Office-7741 Roswell Road, Atlanta, Georgia. You do not have to provide a reason to Advance Vote.
How do I vote?
The Fulton County Voter Registration Office, (404) 730-7072, handles voter registration for all Fulton County residents regardless of the city or unincorporated area where they reside.
You must be registered to vote in an election. You must be registered as a resident within the area in which you intend to vote.
You must be registered 29 days prior to the election date.
You will be mailed a voter registration card from Fulton County. Your precinct and polling location will be designated on the card. For more information on voter registration, contact the Fulton County Voter Registration Office (404) 730-7072.
In order to obtain an absentee ballot, a Fulton County registered voter fills out an "application for official absentee ballot" that can be obtained at City Hall, public library, or from the Secretary of State website:(www.sos.state.ga.us/elections). The application is then mailed to: Fulton County Voter Registration, Suite 4064, 141 Pryor Street, S.W., Atlanta, GA 30303, or can be faxed to Fulton County (404-730-7024). Fulton County will mail the ballot to the voter and the ballot is then mailed back to Fulton County. It has to be received by Fulton County by 7:00pm, November 6.
OR, the voter can go directly to North Fulton Annex at 7741 Roswell Road, fill out the application, and vote there.
You may register to vote at any of these locations:
Fulton County Government Building
141 Pryor Street, Atlanta
North Fulton Annex
7741 Roswell Road, Atlanta
Also, any public library or facility that issues driver’s licenses.
Mail-in registration forms are available for pick up at the Alpharetta City Hall.
Where do I vote?
Fulton County designates and manages the precinct boundaries and polling locations. To find out what precinct you are in as a voter or where you will vote, contact the Fulton County Board of Elections at (404) 730-7020.