Alpharetta Natural Resources Commission Facebook Page: Please visit and “Like Us” http://www.facebook.com/AlpharettaNaturalResources
The Alpharetta Natural Resource Commission (NRC) is a group of 7-9 individuals appointed by the Mayor and City Council to act both hands-on and also in an advisory capacity to promote the protection of Alpharetta's trees and other natural resources and to provide public education regarding environmental and conservation issues.
The Commission is the Keep America Beautiful Affiliate for Alpharetta. Their scope also includes maintaining the City’s Tree City USA certification.
Mission: To lead and educate the community to improve, protect, conserve and beautify Alpharetta’s natural resources. Together with the City Arborist (Mr. David Shostak) and the City Environmental Programs Coordinator (Ms. Terry Porter), the NRC sponsors such events as:
• 'Bring One for the Chipper' holiday tree recycling
• Arbor Day celebration
• 'Rivers Alive' waterways clean-up
• Household Hazardous Waste and Paint Collections,
• Electronics Recycling Collection Events
• Sensitive Document Shredding Events
• The Great American Clean-up
• Community workshops on various topics
The NRC meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at City Hall, and we invite you to join us anytime. In future website updates we plan to bring you news, tips and helpful links for related information, events and programs, along with volunteer opportunities within our community.
Deborah Zemlock - Chairman
• If you would like more information about trees, tree preservation, planting, care, tree events, and Tree City USA, go to:
• GA Urban Forestry Council: www.gufc.org
• National Arbor Day Foundation: www.nationalarborday.org
• If you would like more information about our state Keep Georgia Beautiful or national Keep America Beautiful events and programs, go to:
• Keep Georgia Beautiful: www.keepgeorgiabeautiful.org
• Keep America Beautiful: www.kab.org
• If you would like more information about where and how to recycle various items other than through Alpharetta's curbside pick-up and special recycling collections, go to:
• For information on upcoming natural resource and environmental events sponsored by NRC and the City, please go to the City Calendar