• Police FAQs

Police: Frequently Asked Questions

Question: How do I get a copy of a report?


Answer: Most reports can be obtained by going to https://alpharetta.policetocitizen.com/Home If for some reason your report is not available there, you may inquire with the Public Safety Records Department at 2565 Old Milton Pkwy Monday - Thursday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Friday 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM or by calling them at 678-297-6306


Question: Where was my car taken to? How do I get it back?

Answer: If your car was towed after being involved in a crash, or it was impounded for some reason, it was taken to United Towing. They are located at 1160 Tidwell Rd, Alpharetta, GA 30004. They are open 24 hours a day. Their phone number is (770) 751-0581. Call them first to see if they have your car. If they do not, it may have been taken as evidence. In that case, check with the Records Division above to find out why your car is not at United Towing. You or your insurance company is responsible for paying the towing and storage fees to United Towing.


Question: Where was my personal property taken to? How do I get it back?

Answer: Any property that was taken by the Alpharetta Police is placed into our Property and Evidence storage which is extremely secure. If your items are not evidence, you may call 678-297-6345 and speak with an evidence technician about scheduling an appointment for you to collect your property. Do not attempt to collect property without calling them first.


Question: I am a victim/witness of a violent crime or domestic violence. Where can I find out about my case and get information on how things will proceed?

Answer: There is a lot of information provided on the Fulton County website located at https://www.fultoncountyga.gov/inside-fulton-county/fulton-county-departments/solicitor-general/victims-services


Question: How do I take out a restraining order on someone?

Answer: In Georgia, these are usually referred to as Temporary Protective Orders or TPOs. You obtain them by applying to the Superior Court in which the respondent (person accused of abuse) lives. If the respondent is not a Georgia resident, then the petitioner (person who was abused) may file his or her action in the county of their own residence or in the county where the abuse took place.