When: Saturday, December 3rd, 2016
To kick-off the holiday season the Alpharetta Downtown Historic District lights up for the Annual Christmas Tree Lighting. Celebration fills the downtown streets in with musical performances, Santa, snow, food trucks, roasting marshmallows, a farmer’s market and more.
- Dr. Awbrey Orthodontics, Polka Dot Dentistry, Crabapple Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics
2016 EVENT SCHEDULE
5 pm Downtown Festivities
• Visits and photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus
• Enjoy community holiday performances
• Have dinner and warm beverages with downtown businesses and food trucks
• Shop the Alpharetta Christmas Farmers Market
• Have fun in the snow playground on Old Roswell Street
• Roast marshmallows around a fire on Old Roswell Street
• Enjoy free children's crafts, face painting, balloon twisting and much more
5:00 PM Community Stage including Holiday Performances by Northpoint Community Church, Dance Now, St. James UMC Angel Kisses, City of Alpharetta Rhythm n’ Shoes Dance Program, Alpharetta Community Chorus, Alpharetta Christian Academy, Alpharetta High School and Kings Ridge Christian School and Alpharetta Elementary Chorus.
'Twas the Night Before Christmas read-along with Mayor Belle Isle and his family
7:00 p.m. Lighting of the Tree
• Park & Walk – Milton Center/86 School Drive and Alpharetta City Hall Parking Deck
The event location is across from Alpharetta City Hall at 2 Park Plaza, Alpharetta, GA 30009.
For more information, call 678-297-6000.
ROAD CLOSURE INFORMATION:
Sat, Dec. 3rd, at 6 a.m. through Sun, Dec. 4th, at 4 a.m.
• Milton Ave - Closed from SR 9 to Roswell St/Canton St
• Old Roswell St - Closed from Roswell St to Milton Ave
• Old Canton St - Closed from Milton Ave to Canton St
Sat, Dec. 3rd, at 4 p.m. through 12 a.m.
• Academy St - Closed from Haynes Bridge Rd to State Route 9 / Main St